About me

I am a Stay at Home Mom. I love Chai Lattes, anything chocolate, and all of the Real Housewives. I hate cleaning bathrooms.

I've been with my husband since 2000, married since 2005, and together we have two little girls. Little Bear was born in 2009 and Crazy Plates in 2010.

This is my blog. A place where I share all the fun and frustrating things about being a Stay at Home Mom.

I hope you can enjoy, relate, and have a little laugh.


Monday, August 18, 2014

My Helpful Husband...Continued

My husband didn't have to be in the office until later this morning, so he slept in a bit. I woke up at 2am when Crazy Plates peed in her bed, and again at 4am when Little Bear woke up and needed help falling back asleep, and again at 6:45 when both girls were up for the day. I got out of bed, made breakfast, broke up a fight over a doll, packed their lunches, broke up a fight over crayons, got them dressed, did their hair, broke up a fight over hair clips, brushed their teeth and took them to school. But, at least my husband got to sleep in.

When it comes to household chores, I don't ask too much from my husband. In fact, I only have two requests. 1. Don't tell me you're out of underwear when you are literally out of underwear. I can't wiggle my nose and have the laundry done in an instant. If you wait until you're out of underwear to tell me you're out of underwear, then you're going to work without underwear.  2. When you're done eating, put your dishes in the sink. Not next to the sink, in the sink. And if there is something sticky or messy on the plate, rinse it off. Is that too much to ask?

I've heard it said that marriage is getting to have a sleep over with your best friend, every night of the week. This is true, except for the nights he's away on business, or asleep on the couch, or at an 11pm men's league hockey game. Or in the dog house. And then there are the nights when you have two crazy kids crashing your sleep over. But, yes, other than that, this is exactly what marriage is like.

I find it funny that my husbands fingernails on his fingers don't gross me out, but if I find a clipping on the bathroom counter, I throw up a little in my mouth.

No comments:

Post a Comment