About me

I am a Stay at Home Mom. I love Chai Lattes, anything chocolate, and all of the Real Housewives. I hate cleaning bathrooms.

I've been with my husband since 2000, married since 2005, and together we have two little girls. Little Bear was born in 2009 and Crazy Plates in 2010.

This is my blog. A place where I share all the fun and frustrating things about being a Stay at Home Mom.

I hope you can enjoy, relate, and have a little laugh.


Friday, June 20, 2014

Stay at Home Mom, Party of One...

Today was the girls' last day of school before summer break.  Holy Hannah, this day causes me so much anxiety.  So this year, I decided not to let it bother me.  To treat it like any other day.  I got up, like I always do, and got the girls ready for school.  I decided to do something fancy with Crazy Plates' hair, and Little Bear decided to try her hand at her own hair.  This was the result...


The girls were extra excited to go to school today, partly because it was the last day, but mostly because they were both having pizza parties in their classrooms.  My husband was at a golf tournament all day, which also means all night because golf tournaments always involve dinner, prizes, and beer.  But for me, it was just a regular day.  Just like any other.  No reason to panic.  I got home from dropping the girls off, ready to tackle my chore list.  I had laundry and dishes to do, of course, because the laundry and dishes are really never done, but it was also deep-clean-the-kitchen day, and since I didn't get to it yesterday, it was also bathroom cleaning day.  Lucky me.  I stood in the doorway of the kitchen, looking at the pile of hair elastics on the floor, the cereal bowls on the counter, the sink full of dishes, the toys Crazy Plates had brought up from the basement, and realized that no matter how hard I tried to deny it, today was in fact, the last day of school.  Holy Hannah...

I decided that what I needed was not to spend the day cleaning the house.  I needed do take advantage of this day, do all the things I wasn't going to be able to do for the next two months.  And so I began to plan the 1st annual end of school party.  On the guest list - me.  This is what I came up with.

I started the day with a walk around the neighbourhood.  It was a sunny day, which I love, and I was able to walk at a regular pace, and didn't stop to pick up rocks or dandelions, and I didn't have to remind myself to look both ways before crossing the street.  Then I got in my car and went to Starbucks.  I got a grande extra hot soy chai latte and headed to my favourite nail salon.  I got a pedicure and a shellac manicure and this time, I got to pick the colour.  This is what I picked.  I was inspired by Ariel's make-up.


If you remember, this was the result when I let the girls choose my nail colour...


Once my nails were done, I picked up a bag of ketchup chips and headed home.  I poured myself a glass of Coke Zero, opened my bag of chips, and settled in for an hour of gossip with my friends, Melissa, Lainey, Jess, Cynthia, and Tracy.


Feeling relaxed and totally ready to face the summer, I picked the girls up from school.  It wasn't until I got home that I remembered that the dishes and laundry weren't done, and the kitchen and bathrooms still needed to be cleaned.  Oh well...guess it will have to wait until September...


No comments:

Post a Comment