About me

I am a Stay at Home Mom. I love Chai Lattes, anything chocolate, and all of the Real Housewives. I hate cleaning bathrooms.

I've been with my husband since 2000, married since 2005, and together we have two little girls. Little Bear was born in 2009 and Crazy Plates in 2010.

This is my blog. A place where I share all the fun and frustrating things about being a Stay at Home Mom.

I hope you can enjoy, relate, and have a little laugh.


Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Dear Teenager: A Few Things I Want You To Know

I live very close to a high school, and therefore regularly come in contact with groups of teenaged girls.  Seeing them reminds me of when I was a teenager, many years ago.  Having survived those tumultuous years, I feel as though I can offer some advice on how to make it through to the other side. And so, dear teenager, here are a few things I want you to know.

1) Don't be the most drunk person at the party.  It's not cute, it's not funny, it doesn't make you more likeable or attractive.  It will make you the butt of the joke and get you into trouble. 

2) Always play hard to get, it will serve you better than being too easy.  You are worth being respected, and if the boy really likes you for you, he will allow the relationship to run on your terms.

3) Especially with youth on your side, beauty comes naturally, education doesn't, so be sure to spend more time on the latter.  It will carry you farther in life.

4) If a boy breaks your heart, it may feel like the end of the world, but just think of how wonderfully amazing the boy who doesn't break your heart will be. 

5) Listen to your parents.  It's a drag, I know, but they really do have your best interest in mind and only want the best for you.

6) Your friends have a greater influence on your life than you realize.  Ditch the mean girls and surround yourself with real friends and relationships that are based on mutual respect.

7) Youth is amazing and fleeting.  Don't waste it.  Don't be in a rush to grow up.

8) The one person who will be with you always, through the good times and the bad, is you, so make sure you treat her well.

No comments:

Post a Comment