About me

I am a Stay at Home Mom. I love Chai Lattes, anything chocolate, and all of the Real Housewives. I hate cleaning bathrooms.

I've been with my husband since 2000, married since 2005, and together we have two little girls. Little Bear was born in 2009 and Crazy Plates in 2010.

This is my blog. A place where I share all the fun and frustrating things about being a Stay at Home Mom.

I hope you can enjoy, relate, and have a little laugh.


Monday, January 12, 2015

This Year I Resolve To...

Well, it's that time of year again.  Time to make promises to ourselves that we won't keep.  It's resolution time. 

As 2014 started to wind down, I began thinking of what my new year's resolutions would be.  I had plans to lose weight, eat clean, walk every morning, be more patient with my kids, stay on top of the laundry, and watch less TV.  Then, I woke up the morning of January 1st and changed my mind.  Those resolutions just sounded like a recipe for disaster - things I knew I could never commit to for a whole year.  So, I came up with a couple new ones.

Resolution #1

I'm writing a book!  It's called 'The Joy Of Pregnancy?'  The problem is, I've been writing this book since I was pregnant the first time, in 2008.  Time to finish the book, don't you think?  So new year's resolution #1 is to finish this book once and for all.  I picked up these two books as a little inspiration, and research into the world of humour writing.  I've started reading Food: A Love Story and it's awesome.  I definitely recommend it.  And my book.  You should definitely read my book.  If I ever finish it.  I mean, when I finish it.


Resolution #2

I've always thought of myself as an organized person, but then, over the Christmas holidays, this happened.  How it happened I'm not quite sure, but I blame the kids and my husband.  So resolution #2 is to be more organized myself, and put in place organizational solutions that will keep my kids and husband more organized too.  I'll be blogging about the solutions I come up with, and whether or not they really work.

This is the playroom, the bane of my existence.  It seems no matter what I do, it ends up looking like this.  I'm trying to find a storage solution that makes it easy for the girls to find their toys, and put them away when they're done.  It's a pipe dream, I know...

 
The girls have their own rooms, but prefer to sleep in the same bed.  So, we made one room the sleeping room, and the other room the dressing room.  This room definitely needs some help.  I haven't really worked out a plan yet, but I better think of something fast.


This is my basement storage room.  The same thing happens every year.  All year long I put new things into the storage room, then Christmas comes and I can't get to my Christmas decorations.  So I end up emptying the whole room to bring out the decorations, then when Christmas is over I reorganize the room to fit everything back in again.  This year I hope to organize it for the last time.  Again, no real plan for this room, but I think a trip to Solutions is in my future. 


This is our laundry room / mud room.  Sigh.  I actually do have a plan for this room, thankfully, so stay tuned for my tips with this hard to manage space. 


What are your resolutions?  If you have any organizational tips, I'd love to hear them.  Let me know in the comments below.

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment