About me

I am a Stay at Home Mom. I love Chai Lattes, anything chocolate, and all of the Real Housewives. I hate cleaning bathrooms.

I've been with my husband since 2000, married since 2005, and together we have two little girls. Little Bear was born in 2009 and Crazy Plates in 2010.

This is my blog. A place where I share all the fun and frustrating things about being a Stay at Home Mom.

I hope you can enjoy, relate, and have a little laugh.


Friday, October 31, 2014

Best Halloween Tip Ever!

Happy Halloween, everybody!  Don't you just love Halloween?  I sure do.  I had to wear a uniform in high school, so Halloween was a really big deal for us.  It was an excuse not to wear our uniforms, and we definitely didn't waste it.  Well, some people did.  Every year there was always a student or two who would dress up as a student from the other Catholic high school.  So, instead of wearing our maroon and grey uniform, they wore the other school's blue and green uniform.  Weirdos.  One year I made a half man half woman costume.  It was awesome.  One year I went as a housewife.  That's funny, seeing as it is my current line of work. 


Last Friday my husband and I went to a Halloween party.  He was Waldo and I was a detective - looking for Waldo.  Not bad, eh?  The girls are both princesses for Halloween.  Obviously.


Anyway.  This is a Halloween tip I came up with last year, but it's a good one, so I thought I'd share it again.


When the girls go to bed on Halloween night, I sort through their Halloween candy. I take out all of the Coffee Crisps and put them in a bowl, just for me. You know, because coffee isn't good for little ones. Then I take out all the Skittles and put it in my bowl.  Because they're a choking hazard. I take the chips out and put them in my bowl as well, because chips are addictive and I'm trying to nip that type of behaviour in the bud. I take out all the Kit Kats and put them in my bowl because they're my husband's favourite. Finally, I take out all the suckers and put them in my bowl because the girls always manage to get them stuck in their hair. That leaves them with the Rockets. I think that's some darn good parenting, don't you?


1 comment: