About me

I am a Stay at Home Mom. I love Chai Lattes, anything chocolate, and all of the Real Housewives. I hate cleaning bathrooms.

I've been with my husband since 2000, married since 2005, and together we have two little girls. Little Bear was born in 2009 and Crazy Plates in 2010.

This is my blog. A place where I share all the fun and frustrating things about being a Stay at Home Mom.

I hope you can enjoy, relate, and have a little laugh.


Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Dear Starbucks. I Love You.

This post has nothing to do with being a stay at home mom, but has everything to do with me, and, quite frankly, there are a few things I need to get off of my chest.

I don’t smoke or do drugs. I don’t have a sippy cup full of vodka. I haven’t gone all 50 Shades of Grey on the guy who cuts our grass. No. When I’m feeling stressed or overwhelmed, (which is most days) I take a drive to the Starbucks drive through window and order a grande extra hot soy chai latte.  That warm, frothy beverage calms me, soothes me, pats me on the back and says, “There, there, It’ll all be ok”.  Seems that there are some people who don't share my love of chai and to them, I have a few things to say... 

Coffee drinkers.  Get off of your percolated pedestal, would you?  When I say I need to have a grande extra hot soy chai latte, don’t roll your eyes.  My need to have a chai latte is as legitimate as your need to have a cup of coffee. 
Coffee drinkers, again.  Don’t tell me you only drink Tim Horton’s coffee because Starbucks coffee sucks.  I’m not asking you to drink Starbucks coffee, nor have I opened up a special place in my heart for Starbucks coffee.   Comparing Tim Horton's coffee to Starbucks coffee is not a compelling argument to get me to loosen my addiction to grande extra hot soy chai lattes.

To those who think Starbucks chai lattes are too expensive.  They’re not.  Coach purses are expensive.  Quesadillas in restaurants are expensive (it’s just a tortilla and cheese, people!).  Ordering a beer at a sporting event is expensive.  Starbucks chai lattes are hand-crafted little cups of heaven, and you just can’t put a price on that.
To those who tell me that chai lattes are better or cheaper at other coffee shops.  They're not.  Tim Horton’s doesn't offer soy milk, something us dairy intolerants can’t live without.  Second cup uses a powdered chai, whereas Starbucks uses a concentrated syrup. Power makes for a gritty chai.  No thanks.  At the Starbucks drive thru they ask me how my day is going. I like that.  They will make my chai extra hot.  I like that too. 

To those who say chai lattes takes too long to make; a.k.a. coffee drinkers.  Again.  Chai lattes aren't brewed in large pots and left to sit on a warmer until someone orders one.  They are made to order, with water or without, 2 pumps or 4, extra hot or regular, soy milk or skim.  It's a custom drink and custom takes time and custom is always worth the wait. 
Ahhh...that feels better.  I’m actually writing this blog post at my local Starbucks.  Why?  Free Wi-Fi and there isn’t a 30 minute time limit on my stay, as is the case with most Tim Horton’s.  Starbucks says, come in, pull up a comfy chair, listen to the classic light hits quietly playing in the background and stay a while, old friend, we've missed you.

I've missed you too, Starbucks.  I'll see you tomorrow.



No comments:

Post a Comment