About me

I am a Stay at Home Mom. I love Chai Lattes, anything chocolate, and all of the Real Housewives. I hate cleaning bathrooms.

I've been with my husband since 2000, married since 2005, and together we have two little girls. Little Bear was born in 2009 and Crazy Plates in 2010.

This is my blog. A place where I share all the fun and frustrating things about being a Stay at Home Mom.

I hope you can enjoy, relate, and have a little laugh.


Monday, August 18, 2014

Random Thoughts on Motherhood

At Target, I overheard two employees talking about how on an 8 hour shift they get two 15 minute breaks and one 30 minute break. I brought this up with my kids, but they don't think it applies to me. I may have to call the labour board on this one.

Before I was a stay at home mom, I was a working gal. Sure it was hard work, but I never had a co-worker hand me his booger and say 'I don't want this'. Just saying.

Tonight at dinner, my youngest daughter ate all the ketchup on her plate with a spoon. When she asked for more I gave it to her because it was the closest thing to a vegetable she had had all week. That's ok, right?

Every night, after the girls go to bed, I clean the playroom, and every night I think...why bother?

Am I doing something wrong that Little Bear can recognize the Starbucks and Target logo, but thinks that eleventeen is a real number?

If you ask a skinny stay-at-home-mom how she stays so thin, she'll say it's from chasing after her kids. I chase after my kids all the time, mostly when I want some of their goldfish, which I have come to realized is counter-productive, so I decided to join the gym. I did a step class this morning, and do you know what I found? A class full of skinny stay-at-home-moms. Imagine that! Lied to by my own co-workers. Don't you just hate office politics? I guess it's true what they say...it really is a rat race out there.

How can my girls make such a mess with Crayola's Mess Free Colour Wonder paint? They never cease to amaze me.

Little Bear's teacher sent her home with a reader, so we could practice reading together. The first word in the book is 'Mac'. Little Bear sounded out the M, the A, and the C, then with great enthusiasm yelled, "Matt!". So we tried again. She sounded out the M, the A, and the C, then yelled, "Matt!". This happened a third time, and after the fourth time I put the book away and we all had ice cream and watched a movie. I think it's best to leave the teaching to the professionals.

Being a stay at home mom is frustrating work, at times. You think you're done the laundry, then your kid spills spaghetti sauce on her shirt. You reach the bottom of sink full of dishes, only to have your husband throw in his empty coffee... cup. You grocery shop and fill up the fridge, and then it's empty again at the end of the week. It's a bit like running on a treadmill. You go and go and go, but never really get anywhere...

No comments:

Post a Comment