About me

I am a Stay at Home Mom. I love Chai Lattes, anything chocolate, and all of the Real Housewives. I hate cleaning bathrooms.

I've been with my husband since 2000, married since 2005, and together we have two little girls. Little Bear was born in 2009 and Crazy Plates in 2010.

This is my blog. A place where I share all the fun and frustrating things about being a Stay at Home Mom.

I hope you can enjoy, relate, and have a little laugh.


Monday, September 8, 2014

What's for Dinner? Pasta!

Have ever you see the show Chopped?  It's a cooking competition show.  The contestants are given a basket full of random ingredients, and are asked to make a meal.  I would fail horribly if I were on this show.  I need a recipe for everything.  I once looked up a recipe for mashed potatoes.

Sometimes, at the end of the week, I find myself almost out of groceries, with just a few random ingredients in the fridge.  Not unlike the contestants on Chopped.  I think to myself, they can do it, why can't I?  After we've eaten the meal that I threw together I quickly realize I can't because I, unlike the contestants on Chopped, am not a trained chef.  But, sometimes the stars align just right, and I do manage to pull off something yummy.  This is what I came up recently.  And it was good.   

This is what I started with.  Three peppers, a bag of rice pasta, hot Italian sausages, pesto salad dressing, and BBQ sauce.


And this is what I made!  I got my husband to BBQ the sausages while I cooked the rice pasta and sauteed the peppers in the pesto salad dressing.  Once everything was done, I drained the pasta and added the cooked peppers, the sliced sausages, and mixed in a bit of BBQ sauce (too many tomatoes upsets my tummy, so I often use BBQ sauce instead of tomato sauce).  Everyone knows that sausages and peppers make a great team, but there is something about the way the BBQ sauce mixes with the pesto salad dressing.  It's just plain old good is what it is.

  

And that's what's for dinner tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment